Interfaith Prayer Service for the ChildrenShare
June 21, we hosted a community-wide gathering in support of children separated from families seeking asylum. The service included speakers from various faith communities, hymns and prayers.
In this crucial moment, we must put our faith into action, responding to the cries of our neighbors. Foremost must be advocacy to put an end to the policies that lead to family separation. Here are some things you can do right now:
- Learn about how current policies are affecting our immigrant neighbors, and connect with immigrant communities in your area.
- Call and visit your elected representatives to oppose policies of family separation and support legislation that will keep families together. (Information and resources are available through Disciples Refugee and Immigration Ministries and Disciples Immigration Legal Counsel)
- Add your signature to this letter (click here) to show your support. Invite members of your congregation to sign on, too.
- Continue to pray, learn, and speak out!
- Donate to Week of Compassion with the designation "Keep Families and Children Together."
These children and families are deserving of human dignity and love. Let's stand together as followers of Christ to live out Jesus' commandment to love.